GUIDELINES FOR TATTOO APPOINTMENTS DURING AND FOLLOWING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Greetings and thank you for choosing one of our artists for your next tattoo! Due to the novel coronavirus pandemic, tattooing as a service has changed in the state of Ohio to include some extra precautions designed to keep both you and members of our staff as safe as possible. All of the guidelines and protocol are effective immediately, and will continue indefinitely until such a time as they are deemed unnecessary. Please read these carefully, as complete compliance is required in order to have any procedure done at our facility. Despite the minor inconvenience of some expanded safety measures, we assure you that we all will be striving to keep the same level of care and comfort that we have always provided to you, our clientele! We are taking this situation very seriously and have every intention of minimizing as much risk as we are able. Much of these measures are made not only for your personal comfort and safety, but for the kind consideration of other clients, as well as our awesome staff. One day, we will all look back on this time and feel good about the caution and consideration we showed for each other. We will all endure, together.
- Effective immediately, CAULDRON no longer accepts walk-ins. All clients are required to schedule an appointment with their artist in advance. Should you need to contact the shop, we can be reached by email at: [email protected]
- Payments can only be made with credit or debit cards. If you wish to tip your artist, you will be able to do so with our point-of-sale device. Cash tips will only be accepted in an envelope that can be given to your artist directly. Thank you in advance for understanding! As always, all deposits and payments made both remotely or in person are final.
- For a short while, persons with compromised immune systems, as well as persons over the age of 65 must be scheduled on days where they and their artist will be the only ones present, thus mitigating their risk.
- If you or anyone you have come into contact with in the last 14 days are or have been exhibiting flu-like symptoms, as well as symptoms of any other contagion, we ask that you simply reschedule your appointment for a later date. This is a state requirement.
- Please come alone to your appointment, as no additional persons will be admitted to the shop under any circumstance.
- ALL clients are also required by the state to wear a mask that covers both your mouth and nose at all times while within our facility. Artists must do the same. Respectfully- “No mask, no service.”
- Please arrive for your appointment at the precise time of your appointment and not before, to reduce the amount of persons in the shop. If you should happen to arrive early and cannot wait in your own vehicle, we ask that you wait outside of the shop as the front door will remain locked at all times, and maintain a distance of 6ft from other doorways and persons that may be waiting as well. Please remember that we are not the only people in the building and keep noise and profanity to a minimum for the respect of our neighborhood, and neighbors. We truly appreciate it!!
- Upon entry to the shop, we are required to administer hand sanitizer and take your temperature with a touch-less thermometer and record it on your consent paperwork, in addition to the standard information. A current phone number where you can be reached is also required, in the event that you, or another client on the same day were to become symptomatic. In this way we can maintain a contact trace. Again, these measures are mandated by the state and our ability to work is contingent upon strict adherence. If you should be found to be running a fever, we are required to deny you service and to reschedule your appointment immediately. We reserve the right to have the final say in this assessment, but trust me, we WANT to work.
- Once you have been screened, you will be ushered to your artist’s booth, and we request that you not mill about nor visit with other persons in the shop. Trips to the bathroom are ok of course, but apart from that or a smoke break, we ask that you remain in your artist’s booth at all times until the end of your appointment, where we will also request that you make a hasty exit after payment. We know that this may seem a bit much, but we take everyone’s health and personal comfort extremely seriously. You may be at peace with the situation to whatever end, but please respect that others may not be.
- We can no longer offer any sort of self-service snacks or refreshments, so please bring your own as these are vital for maintaining your energies during long sessions! You’ll be able to enjoy these in your artist’s booth during breaks. Should you stop for food before your appointment, we STRONGLY recommend that you only get to-go food, and to not sit down for a meal. This will minimize not only your exposure to other persons, but the exposure of our staff as well. Wherever you go, you will be bringing it with you. Ideally, store-bought and packaged snacks/drinks are the wisest choice, if you’re able to plan ahead.
- If you bring any personal media devices like phones, tablets or laptops with you, please make sure that they are well charged in advance as we will not be able to charge them for you, nor will we be able to share outlets due to the nature of our cleaning protocol. Please understand that all of these rules are in place to minimize the risk to your safety as much as possible.
We greatly appreciate your understanding, again, of all these new rules and protocol. They are, as the nature of things dictates, subject to change without notice both in addition and reduction. Our staff will do everything we can to keep you well-informed in as much time as possible. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, though fortunately we have never needed to exercise it. Tattooing is a service industry, and we at CAULDRON pride ourselves on the quality of our service just as much as the quality of our work itself. The health and safety of our clientele is of the upmost importance to us, and we look forward to serving you. Thank you for time! An up-to-date copy of these rules will be posted in the front window of the shop as long as they are necessary, for your reference.
The CAULDRON staff.